June 26, 2010

On a stick








It's back, with a slightly bigger feather this time - to be found // here //.

I never thought I would use little H.'s sticks one day as props to photograph my necklaces. That and the half-a-tree-trunk base from our last Christmas tree, which has shown up in quite a few pictures lately. It has a hole in it, just the right size to hold the two sticks. I must say I kind of like this "natural sculpture", with and without the necklace... I've been wondering if it would work to build a free standing light fixture with. Which brings me to this totally awesome tutorial at Poppytalk from Bookhou for a woven lamp. We still have plenty of bare light bulbs hanging in our apartment...
Wouldn't that make a nice project for our summer break?
Related Posts with Thumbnails